From: WiringForDCC@... [mailto:WiringForDCC@...] On
Behalf Of David
Sent: Sunday, 14 August 2011 7:30 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Program Track Questions

I'm working on my first ever HO layout and have never worked with DCC
before. Ok got most of my wiring in place, got the color code working well,
soldering went good no melted ties.
But now I'm down to the last section of main line and my separate programing
track and this is where I'm confused. I have the NCE Power cab system and in
the book it shows a diagram how to wire a switch for it. It shows 2 wires
from Power cab connector to a DPDT 6 pole switch(2 center posts) then 2
wires to the programing track (from one end), and 2 wires going to the
mainline track(other end). So are the Power Cab connector wires just from my
bus wires?
And I understand that with the switch to the program side the rest of the
layout is stopped but when programing is done will this section of track
operate normally with the rest of the main line? It is isolated from the
rest of the main line.
I hope I explained this right and understandable I've never done this before
and trying not to make to many mistakes.

Thanks for any help you can give me.