Short Protection in Yards

minaret5 <Minaret5@...>

Greetings,

I am in the process of setting up short circuit protection on a club-
sized layout. I will be using short circuit modules that provides
protection to 4 sub-districts.

My question to you experts out there is how much protection is
generally installed within the confines of yards or what type of
criteria did you use? Are you protecting each classification track or
passenger terminal track individually; a pair of tracks; or some other
combination?

Protecting each track in a large yard tends to eat up a lot of circuits
and I was curious about what the larger layouts are doing for short
protection in active, busy yards.

Thanks.
Fred