Re: ADAPTING DC METERS TO DCC

Ed

Thanks Rich. Both my meters came from MicroMark. The voltmeter is +/- 20 volts and the ammeter is +/- 5 amps. No other specs provided.

Ed Robinson

--- In WiringForDCC@yahoogroups.com, rg <richg_1998@...> wrote:

Below is a link to a DCC amp meter that uses a cheap digital multimeter but you might adapt the circuit for analog meters. I have not tried as all I use are these digital meters.

Click on Return to Main Page as this guy has loads of useful circuits.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/DCCammeter10.html

Below is a DCC voltmeter by NCE, a DCC supplier. I use this circuit with a cheap digital multimeter.
http://jdb.psu.edu/nmra/dcc-voltmeter.html

More circuits to play with.
http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track.htm#a1

Do not know what your meter ratings are so you might have to experiment.

Rich

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering,
what happened?