From: WiringForDCC@...
[mailto:WiringForDCC@...]On Behalf Of hawkhawk22
Sent: 04 January 2006 18:25
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Re: I am going Nutz with decoders ???

John,

Yes Sir, I went and reset it, as that was easy to do. and when I
read the ADD of the loco it was the default 0003, so I changed it
the number of the Loco. which was 4013. it did shutter, I did
hear
it like it as doing something. but here is the thing that happened
2
times.

When I went back to read the address of the decoder to make sure
that
it was correct. it Jumped like about 1/2 inch backwards. then came
up with a weird number like 3256 or something like that. then I re
checked it then it finally said the correct number I programmed it
be 4013.

Now I went to the CV number on the Lenz, checked it, to change
some
numbers there. ( which apparently is the same as the binary in
other
DCC systems ) and moved it to the main OP track. and tried to get
it to run, it didn't move at all. so I went back to the default
setting, and it just wants to run like its on a old Analog system
with the throttle almost full open.

That is where it confuses me to try to understand why. it also
happened to me when I used a Lenz decoder. everything is wired
correctly, track is separated from the program track. all leads
are
correctly connected.

I even went so far as to reset the DCC control system to see if
there
was a possible fault there too. but that didn't seem to do
anything.

Thanks
Ray

Oh PS: yes I do understand that a Lenz is a simple system ( in
reflect to that other comment) but as I said, this don't seem to
be
a normal thing. and I'm like a blind person walking down a rail, in
the dark.

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "John Churchward" <jcebay@n...>
wrote:

HI Ray
Have you gone back to the Programming Track (Not running
track) and
done a reset followed by changing the loco address to something
unique? If
the loco is on the Programming track it usually stutters a little
after
receiving the commands? Does it do this?

John