Newbie Knucklehead wiring question

brian1961go <brian1961go@...>

Have not purchased a DCC system yet and have never wired a model
railroad but have completed my benchwork and ready to start wiring.
Do i wire both rails or just one? Is it clear on the back of the DCC
controller/unit? I assume same for feeder wires?

Also, I have a small modular layout, around the walls about 40' long.
Do I do homerun wiring to each 8' module from the DCC unit or will one
40' bus suffice? I am using 14awg wire for bus and 18-20 for feeders
but that is flexible. each module has terminal screws.

Is there a diagram of a basic wiring plan.

TIA,
Brian