Re: AutoReverse Modules

Marcus Ammann

Hi Paul

As you have an NCE system, like me, for an auto reverse unit you must use a
DCC manufacturer not the same as your system. NCE does not make any auto
reversers and have them marketed under the NCE brand. There is no
alternative.

The Digitrax PM42 will most probably work on NCE, but if it required
"adjustment", then this could only be done with a Digitrax throttle.

For users of any DCC system, other than Digitrax, I would only buy units
manufactured by anyone other than Digitrax. These include Tony's Train
Exchange - PS Rev Power Shields. MRC's - AD520 and Lenz's - LK100.

See Tony's site for details for auto reversers at:

http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/dcc_autoreversers.htm

For using the auto reversers on return loops see the above site and Allan's
site at:

http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm#c4

There are no cheap and simple solutions for "return loops" that operate
automatically and "transparent".

My recommendation for an auto reverser would be Tony's PS Rev. These are
solid state electronic units. I have seen and others have reported problems
with using mechanical relay types of auto reversers. They may cost a little
more but they offer trouble free operation to everyone that uses them.

Marcus.