From: Bill Wilken <bill.wilken@...>
To: WiringForDCC@...
Sent: Fri, 26 March, 2010 2:26:23 AM
Subject: Re: [WiringForDCC] How to wire a Shinohara DCC Friendly Double Slip into a layout.

Cyril,

There is a wiring diagram for the double-slip turnout at
http://www.wiringfo rdcc.com/ switches. htm. My experience with a the
similar Sinohara double cross-over, however, suggests that you give
serious consideration to powering the frogs, and especially so if you
are running any steam locomotives. Using Tortoise switch machines, you
can do this as follows:

(a) Connect a wire from the Tortoise's pin 4 to the frog

(b) Connect a wire from the Tortoise's pin 3 to one rail

(c) Connect a wire from the Tortoise's pin 2 to the opposite rail

You may need to reverse the rail connections to achieve proper polarity,
however, depending on the way you have oriented the switch machine. In
addition, of course, you will need to run leads from your double/single
pole switch to the appropriate pins on the Tortoise.

Bill

On 3/25/10 4:00 AM, cyrilatrockbottom wrote:

I cannot find any information from either any of the DCC
forums/websites or the manufacturer on how to wire up the
above-mentioned double slip ( Shinohara DCC friendly ). I don't know
where to fit the insulated joiners, where to feed the DCC power, how
to wire in the tortoise switch contacts. Thanks, Cyril....