Re: Tortoise switch machines

Vollrath, Don <dvollrath@...>

I'll look up the MR reference, but if you have an 11 track staging yard why not use a single 11 position rotary switch with diode matrix and pull-up resistors to select 1 of 11 possible routes? This scheme is also shown in MR a couple of years back. See Digi-Key p/n EG1952-ND for the rotary switch I use.

From: hotrains2001 [mailto:hotrains@...]
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 11:43 AM
To: WiringForDCC@...
Subject: [WiringForDCC] Tortoise switch machines

I will be useing Bi-polar DC & Radio Shack 2 pole 6 position rotary
switches with diodes on 10 turnouts to 11 track hidden staging yard.
Armadillo & Western Diode Matrix for stall motors shows what i can do
but i would like to operate the 10 tortoise from 2 positions as shown
useing DPDT switches in Model Railroader July 2002 Page 74 but
substitute rotary switches.
Is someone able to tell me if this is possible to do & supply a wiring
diagram.
Any help would be appreciated.
This is on my DIGITRAX DCC layout in progress.

Jim McMahon

http://www.WiringForDCC.com
Yahoo! Groups Links