Re: DCC Distribution comments, please

wirefordcc <wire4dcc_admin@...>

Blair,

Regarding PS2012: I prefer to have a power source with each
booster/command station. Given the cost of individual power sources
and the PS2012, there really isn't a cost advantage either way. The
PS20212 surprises me as a product because I thought Digitrax was one
of the manufacturers that advised against using a common power source
for their boosters. Note that the Digitrax command station and
boosters can be powered by AC sources. DC is not required.

Loconet plugs: The only reason to have more Loconet plugs is if
someone comes over to operate that doesn't have wireless capability.

Loconet: There is no practical restriction as to how long your
Loconet can be. You can run it anywhere, anyway you want to.

Feeder length: Feeder lengths of 24" is not advised, but if you can
pass the short test (see http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track.htm#a16)
you can do it. You might want to consider branching off your main bus
with more 14 AWG sub buses to get shorter feeder lenghts.