Re: DIGITRAX TRANSPONDING/DETECTION

wire4dcc_admin@...

Mike,

Since my response to your offer isn't a forum topic, I took this off-line.

I've always wanted transponding, but now that it is here, it is cost prohibitive for me. It's not that I think Digitrax's prices are unreasonable. It's just that I need so many transponders and so many transponder detectors, that it adds up to a pile of money.

Ordinarily, I would jump at your offer. However, in 3 weeks I start another year of law school. I'd be fooling both of us if I thought I'd have the time to get to it before Christmas. And maybe not even then.

Digitrax's tech support may not be ideal, but it is better than most. At least you aren't talking to someone in India! Ask to talk to AJ if you have to. You may not be able to talk to him right then and there, but he'll call you back in a few days - at least he used to. I haven't needed to talk to him in a few years. If you leave a message for AJ, make sure you say that you are not getting adequate help from his tech support. He used to care that his tech support was good. So I think a statement like that would get his attention.

--- In WiringForDCC@..., "wire4dcc"
wrote:
Mike,

Sorry, it doesn't appear that any of us have tried transponding.
think transponding is neat, but it still isn't in my budget.

Try giving Digitrax a call.

Allan
Allan,

It seems that more people use the detection features of the BDL162
rather than combined with transponding and that works fine.
Even Loy Spurlock passed and said to call Digitrax.
It seems that there is only one guy there that knows transponding
and he's always on the phone however I did talk to one of the tech
minions who had no answers to my specific questions and only said to
check my wiring.
Needless to say, that I'm very disillusioned with Digitrax's tech
That many beeps isn't in their beep list so I inquired via email;
Response by nameless person: It's just waking up grumpy.
So far, most of their stuff works but if it doesn't, a person is
just up the creek.

Since transponding isn't in your budget, wanna try your hand at it?
I'll send the whole kit and caboodle to you and see if you can make
it work.
Is your address on your website?
It'll be on its way tomorow via Fedex.

Mike