Re: Wiring a swing gate?

Jim Betz

Dave,

  Yes - DCC.  I'm not even retaining the ability to run DC.  Yes, I always gap both rails
when doing any "blocks".  I also use PSX circuit breakers between the booster and
the track for all track.
  As I said before - my current thinking is to use one limit switch per gate with that
limit switch controling relay(s) that cut/make the actual track power (DCC).

  Since I'm not getting a lot of alternative suggestions I'll probably go with the limit
switch and relays.  Thanks guys - it's always good to run ideas past a group with
prior experience on the topic.  I'll post again after I've got it working to let you
know how it's going.
                                                                                                      - Jim in the PNW