Re: electrical block not powering the train

Steve Haas

Frank writes:

“I finally just finished installing my two HO tracks and associated buss lines and the connections to the Digitrax controller. Three of my four electrical blocks are operating fine but one of the blocks is not powering the train for the some reason. I checked all the electrical and track connections but I cannot see anything that would cause this section not to operate. Any ideas on what else I should check or any actions I  should take to find and fix this problem?”

Hi Frank,

First, if three of your four blocks are operating fine there is nothing wrong with your command station (controller).

Second, a quick test . . .  if you place an engine in the middle of the block in question can you control the locomotive (Yes/No)?

Third, does the problem occur as you travel from a block with no problem onto the problem block (Yes/No)?

If the answer to #2 above is Yes, it is likely you have the phasing reversed for that block. If the answer to #2 is No and the loco just sits there, you have a problem with the connections between the DCC bus and the bus wires for that block.

If the answer to question #2 is yes, and the answer to #3 is Yes you definitely have a phasing problem.

Run those tests and get back to us.

Best regards,

Steve

Steve Haas