Re: Droppers to bus

John DeSantis

Thanks Morgan. I am in fact using 20AWG wires.

-------- Original message --------
From: PennsyNut <fan4pennsy@...>
Date: 3/18/22 12:08 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Droppers to bus

May I make a suggestion based upon what "I think" you might be wanting to do? If you are talking about two tracks side by side, such as 2" between them, your little wires are going to be about 2". Therefore, what TimR said is right. I've done exactly that and used 22 AWG. No problems. So, it you are talking about more distance/more than 2", that's when you have to think about the wire size. The 22 AWG should be sufficient up to 10". More than that, go to 20 AWG. Or thereabouts. Hope this helps.
Morgan Bilbo, DCC since 8/18. Model PRR 1952.