Re: Voltage measuring issue

Blair

Don

Ironically, twenty years ago, we'd mostly all have twigged to this, because so many were running mixed DC and DCC locos.  Now, not so much.

Blair

On 3/8/2022 4:41 PM, Don Vollrath wrote:
Well… I never thought of checking for DC loco control. Add using a track-track DC voltage reading as part of the diagnostics.

The 78% setting for a DC output also explains why the DC track-booster common reads about 1/2 the expected value from either rail without actually changing the peak-peak voltage actually seen and used by loco decoders.