Re: Auto reverse area “dead”

Don Weigt

Charles,

I missed that problem in #2's phase being switched at the turnout without gapping. I'm glad Blair caught it! And rewiring that removed the need to regap at the turnout in District 3. I'm glad District 3 is working now!

I don't see anything wrong now with revised District 2. There's more there that you're not showing us, or a gap that's shorted, or something like that. Maybe a crossed feeder pair.

I think you need to disconnect most of the feeders to District 2, until the short goes away, and part of it is powered, then look at the dead track and wiring related to it, and the boundaries where the dead track meets the live. Sounds like a chore, but less trouble than four weeks' head scratching!

Good luck

--
Don Weigt
Connecticut