Re: Auto Reverse Segments in DCC

D B

Given this limitation, my lengthened AR segment will now include a turn out.  I assume that, properly insulated, the only operational limitation the presence of the turn out presents is to avoid having a train cross the “AR gap” at the turnout while another train is crossing the AR gap at one or the other of the two “ends” of the AR segment.
Bill D
N&W Steam Only

On Nov 6, 2021, at 9:08 PM, whmvd <vandoornw@...> wrote:

It matters very much. Fatally, for too long trains. Nobody would feed the interior lights off just one axle, and as soon as you have more than one the die is cast.

Wouter

On Sat, 6 Nov 2021, 19:17 D B, <1932mgj2@...> wrote:
Thanks John.
I do understand and agree with your explanation.  Sounds like that is the basis for Wouter’s "99% of the time" assessment.
Query, in your view (and for purposes of Wouter’s 99% assessment), does it matter whether the cars (passenger) are lit?
Bill D
N&W Steam Only