Re: Photo TT AR1 10-21-21 .jpg uploaded #photo-notice

Lawrence Varady

To all,
The Atlas 2564 [insulated frog] crossover I am using is NOT a dblxvr. I have been calling it that incorrectly, my bad.
Let me also mention that this is a 3'x9' N scale layout.

1. Blocks 07 and 08 are the only paths that cause train reversal. Hopefully they are longer than your longest train. (Confirm)

The blocks are short for long trains, however, I won't be making any freight or passenger consists longer than 2 locos.
None of my rolling stock have conductive wheels and my passenger cars are not lighted, so I figured I can operate trains thru the crossover.

2. Isolate each of them where they connect to the turnout at each end.

Blocks 07 and 08 are FULLY ISOLATED at each turnout connection. Since this is a dead frog crossover I think I need 2 AR1's to be sure there are no issues with how many locos I run at one time.

Thx for the help

On Sunday, October 24, 2021, 05:40:15 PM PDT, Don Vollrath <donevol43@...> wrote:

Blocks 07 and 08 are the only paths that cause train reversal. Hopefully they are longer than your longest train. (Confirm) Isolate each of them where they connect to the turnout at each end.  If they are over-under tracks provide an AR unit to each. If they cross at grade level they are mutually exclusive for occupancy, wire them together and only one AR unit need be applied. (You could use separate AR units with careful separation of 07&08 blocks at the crossing.) All other track sections are constant fixed polarity. Provide another AR unit for the turntable.