Re: Spacing between NCE BD20 detectors

Bill Wilken

Interesting.  Thanks for forwarding.

On 9/26/21 11:23 AM, David McBrayer via groups.io wrote:
Bill,
I don’t know all of the in’s and out’s of your layout.  NCE has an article on their website that discusses a BD20 detection challenge that reads similar to yours at this link, https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200585105/DetectionSensitivityandNECBD20sonCMRI.docx. Hope this helps.

Dave McBrayer
Auburn, CA
———————
On Sep 26, 2021, at 07:54, Bill Wilken <bill.wilken@...> wrote:

Allan,

I've tried a variety of "winding" strategies, but without success.  When I talked with NCE's technical support fellow the other day, he was pretty skeptical about the feasibility of 25' blocks.  He suggested that the only viable option was installing a POT on the BD20, which I haven't yet attempted.  In the meantime, I'm double-checking all my wiring.  My experience (successfully) building a test-bed tells me that it's all too easy to goober up connections.

Bill

On 9/26/21 10:45 AM, wirefordcc via groups.io wrote:

Hi Bill,
If you haven't tried it already, try putting more than one turn through your BD20.  Literally just loop it around and go through it again.  This increases sensitivity of the BD20.  I don't think you need multiple detectors in a block.  Check the BD20 instructions for multiple turns through it.

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC

--
Dave McBrayer