Re: Spacing between NCE BD20 detectors

Bill Wilken

Allan,

I've tried a variety of "winding" strategies, but without success.  When I talked with NCE's technical support fellow the other day, he was pretty skeptical about the feasibility of 25' blocks.  He suggested that the only viable option was installing a POT on the BD20, which I haven't yet attempted.  In the meantime, I'm double-checking all my wiring.  My experience (successfully) building a test-bed tells me that it's all too easy to goober up connections.

Bill

On 9/26/21 10:45 AM, wirefordcc via groups.io wrote:

Hi Bill,

If you haven't tried it already, try putting more than one turn through your BD20.  Literally just loop it around and go through it again.  This increases sensitivity of the BD20.  I don't think you need multiple detectors in a block.  Check the BD20 instructions for multiple turns through it.

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC