Re: DCC Bus reversing question

Jim Betz

Blair,

  You missed my point "whenever any train is crossing over".  Said
another way - set it up so that whenever the turnouts are set to
cross-over then another train "can't enter the cross-over section".
Obviously the intended cross over route has to be powered - I'm
saying that the 'other' route should have enough track that is dead
(when the cross over is set) that another train can't attempt to
enter the cross over section from either of the other two approaches.
And that it is going to need to be a considerable length of track in
order to cover the situation of an ABBA set of your longest locos.
I would use "3 or even 4 feet" of dead track to protect that short.
                                                                 - Jim