Re: Powering turnout points

john

There are two holes in the frog, run a tap into the hole and use a screw, looks shabby but it works and a dab of black paint disguises it. I don't know the size of the tap, i fudged it.
Atlas should put the info on the package...........PLEASE.
jd

On Sunday, June 13, 2021, 10:42:15 AM EDT, Greg Harter <greg1462@...> wrote:

The Atlas turnouts have a metal frog to which soldering is nigh impossible.  I've used conductive paint with reasonably good results.  After it has completely dried, put on another coat, and let dry.  Then put a light film of epoxy on it for strength.  The conductive paint has very little holding power.

Greg Harter