Re: Minimum length on Non-reversing segment

Don Vollrath

Oh, I forgot Bil. With steel locos the answer is contingent on how the power pickup is arranged on the loco and tender. One must ensure that an AR corrective “short” occurs on the leaving section before those axles and wheels begin to roll into the next AR section. To cover all situations I would make the fixed polarity track section at least as long as the connected steam drivers of the loco.
A corrective short needs to occur only on one track With good AR controllers.
Operating speed of your trains may require a longer section of fixed polarity.