Need advice on wiring a cross-over and wye junction

David Penty

Edited

Hello all

I’m new to the forum and still reading my way through Allan Gartner’s Wiring for DCC documents – excellent material.  However, I’m looking for some specific guidance

At the end of my mainline, I’ve re-laid track.  In the attached diagram, the turntable was pre-existing, but all turnouts and crossover are new.  I’m not certain if an auto reverser is needed and if so, where it would be located.  Can someone give me an idea of track wiring for the layout.    Peco suggest, on the package, that insulating all ends of the crossover shouldn’t be needed but then provide an example of how to insulate the crossover on all sides.

I’m running Digitrax, Code 100 HO with Peco turnouts.

Incidentally, I got some gravel stuck in the Atlas turntable;  when I lifted the platter off, 2 pins with springs fell out.   There appears to be no way to replace the pins/springs when you invert the platter to install it.  Anyone run into this issue?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

David G. Penty

Penty Photographic Services

myflyanddrive.com