From: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io> On Behalf Of nick.monksfield@...
Sent: 14 April 2021 06:49
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: [w4dccqa] MERG Cbus

Hi all,

I am in the process of building my first HO scale layout. I have all the benchwork sorted and am currently in the process of laying cork roadbed to my design. I have an NCE Powercab DCC system for the control of locos. I am nearly ready to start my wiring.

I am constantly reading things (researching) from the web and came across a site called MERG. I am quite interested in using a system they have developed for controlling my point motors, signals and even street and building lighting. It is called Cbus and as far as I can tell works in a similar way to DCC in that it has a bus wire that transmits commands to the accessories from a central control (in my case I am planning on using a computer to control this).

My question is - Does anybody here use this system, or know anything about it, and is it what I think it is?

Thanks

Nick