Converting from DC to DCC on existing HO scale layout

catrevey@...

Hi. As noted above, I am considering converting some of my locomotives to DCC. I have an existing layout where the track is already painted and ballasted and am concerned about whether the turnouts would need to be altered in some way. My track is Atlas code 83 where the turnouts have insulated frogs. The layout runs well on DC with little to no stalling on these insulated frogs. Would the turnout frogs need to be separately powered or would a locomotive decoder with a stay alive capacitor work is this situation? The layout has two rail wiring, with #14 buss wiring and #20 feeder wires spaced every three feet on center. The turnouts are manually thrown. Thanks in advance for any help.
Regards,
Charles