Re: Where to isolate on large loops and wye

emrldsky

On 2/25/2021 1:02 PM, wirefordcc wrote:
Does anyone have a scenario you think I need to think about that might be a problem?
Hi Allen,
Two instances come to mind, although I do not know how common they might be.
1. A long passenger train with all lighted cars, and
2 A freight train with helpers in the middle and at the end.
In these situations I would imagine the fixed polarity track to be shorter than the train length, possibly a lot shorter, so the front end would be in one reversing section, the middle in the fixed polarity section, and the end of the train in the other reversing section.
I can see some home layouts, especially those in small spaces, where the fixed polarity track would be small for space reasons because the reversing sections need most of the space for the loop radius to be big enough to make the turns with the longer cars.

Peace,
Mike G.