Re: Wiring Up a Manual Turntable?

Steve Hubbard

On my Bowser 130’ Turntable I used the ring rail for one bridge conductor and the bridge shaft for the other conductor.  The shaft utilizes a 5/16”’ thick X  ¼ ID X ½” OD brass setscrew collar and a commutator style wiper.  Then I used an NCE decoder to drive the Turntable motor.  A DCC specialty’s AR for polarity control.  I would refrain from using a pair of wires that will be twisted CW and CCW as eventually they will break and to keep track of when to reverse direction will be a PITA and will get old quick, just sayin..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10