Re: Smail question

JoAnn Donaldson

I have uploaded two pictures under the Album "My Red Oak Line". One picture is my crude drawing of my N Scale Layout. The Red dashes are the where the insulated rail joiners are to create four Power Districts. The second photo is my Command Station setup and buss wiring.

JoAnn Donaldson

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 3:32:27 PM CST, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

I am not running sound locos. My layout is N Scale and all of my locos only have basic DCC in them. So far they run great. I have accidentally shorted one of the hidden tracks while my son was running a freight on the front side. The track that shorted was Power Segment #1 and he was running on Power Segment #2. I have used this DCC Power Pack and PM42 on three different N Scale layouts with NO problems.

JoAnn Donaldson

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 11:04:54 AM CST, Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Joann,

  If you are running sound locos in HO or larger - be prepared for the PM42 to
not 'recover' from a short when you have more than one loco or a lighted
passenger train on the layout.  The PM42 was designed way back before
sound decoders were first available - and it has not been updated since!
                                                                                                                      - Jim