Re: Smail question

JoAnn Donaldson

I am not running sound locos. My layout is N Scale and all of my locos only have basic DCC in them. So far they run great. I have accidentally shorted one of the hidden tracks while my son was running a freight on the front side. The track that shorted was Power Segment #1 and he was running on Power Segment #2. I have used this DCC Power Pack and PM42 on three different N Scale layouts with NO problems.

JoAnn Donaldson

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 11:04:54 AM CST, Jim Betz <jimbetz@...> wrote:

Joann,

  If you are running sound locos in HO or larger - be prepared for the PM42 to
not 'recover' from a short when you have more than one loco or a lighted
passenger train on the layout.  The PM42 was designed way back before
sound decoders were first available - and it has not been updated since!
                                                                                                                      - Jim