From: wirefordcc
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:30 AM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Walthers Motorized 130ft Turntable - DCC Wiring

The Walthers turntable has a split ring at it’s center.  It doesn’t have a center post and a rim rail that you can power it from.  Unless I see something different when I get my new one, this is what I expect will be the case.  Locos with keep alive / current keepers are likely to be your best choice.

Walthers has a “Advanced Control Module” that you can control your turntable with DCC.  I have one of those coming, too.  I plan to write a column on it for Model Railroader this year.

Allan Gartner

Wiring for DCC