Re: "Stuttering" locomotive

D B

FYI, in case anyone else experiences this phenomenon, further investigation (turning certain DCC functions on and off to isolate the culprit) revealed that it was the smoke function which was triggering the CB to trip and reset. Not sure whether there might be a short somewhere in the wiring for the smoke unit and/or fan, or whether the smoke/fan was drawing too much current and tripping the CB. Either way, until I can get it addressed professionally, I can still run the loco with most DCC functions. One of the diagnostic challenges was that the problem did not appear to fully manifest itself until the smoke unit fully heated up, which took some amount of time.

Thanks for the assistance.

Bill D
N&W Steam Only