From: AD
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:03 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Block detection/wheel set resistors

Dear al

Where do i get surface mounted resistor?
What glue?
What size? I Use digitrax bxp88’s for detection.
They are small enough to sit on an “n” scale axil and rotate with the wheel without Interfering with its rotation?

I thought the paint itself was the resistance?

Tony

On Sep 15, 2020, at 10:08 AM, Al Silverstein <alsilverstein@...> wrote:

Tony,

I have been using Circuit Works CW2000 for many years. It works great but it is not cheap.

Choose a surface mounted resistor that conducts only the current necessary to trip your block occupancy detector.

I have chosen to install two resistive wheels on each piece of rolling stock, one at each far end.

I first glue a surface mount resistor to the insulated wheel so that it touches both the metal axle and the isolated metal wheel. I then put a dab of the CS2000 where the resistor touches the metal axle and a dab on the CS2000 where the resistor touches the isolated metal wheel.

Al Silverstein