Re: Block detection/wheel set resistors

Al Silverstein

Tony,

I have been using Circuit Works CW2000 for many years. It works great but it is not cheap.

Choose a surface mounted resistor that conducts only the current necessary to trip your block occupancy detector.

I have chosen to install two resistive wheels on each piece of rolling stock, one at each far end.

I first glue a surface mount resistor to the insulated wheel so that it touches both the metal axle and the isolated metal wheel. I then put a dab of the CS2000 where the resistor touches the metal axle and a dab on the CS2000 where the resistor touches the isolated metal wheel.

Al Silverstein