Re: Powering Points

Bill Wilken

All are running, but it's hard for me to keep track of more than four
that are in motion.

On Wed, 2020-09-09 at 09:36 -0700, wirefordcc wrote:
Hi Alan,

You didn't say how many locomotives you would be running. I still
don't think you will an additional bus with its own power supply.

On the other hand, if you run your accessory decoders off your track
bus, you may have a problem if a locomotive approaches your turnout
with the points thrown against it, you may have a short that shuts
down your track making it impossible to throw the points and correct
the problem. You still don't need to spend the money for a separate
booster to power your accessory decoders.

Instead, just get an electronic circuit breaker, like an NCE EB1.
Create a separate accessory bus and tie it directly to your Power Pro
system. Connect your track bus to the EB1 and then connect it to the
Power Pro. Now if your track shorts out, the Power Pro won't shut
down and you can still flip your turnouts.

Allan Gartner
Wiring For DCC