Re: Atlas signal - Tortoise Interlocking

wirefordcc

Hi Bill,

I reviewed the Atlas schematic you supplied and also went the Atlas website to learn a little bit about the Atlas Signal Control Board (SCB).  I found that it does not control the Atlas switch machine or Tortoise as you desire.  Rather, the Atlas switch machine or a Tortoise provides input to it.

The blue wire you see on the Atlas schematic that goes to the common on the Atlas switch machine would be attached to terminal 4 on a Tortoise.  The two green wires shown going to the Atlas switch machine go to terminals 2 and 3 on the Tortoise.  If you get the wrong aspect displayed, swap the wires going to 2 and 3.

You can control the Tortoise with DCC via an accessory decoder like made by NCE or Digitrax or through any traditional means of controlling a Tortoise switch machine. For more on controlling Tortoise switch machines, visit my website at:  http://www.wiringfordcc.com/sw_ctl.htm

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC