Re: Intro and IDC connector question

PennsyNut <pennsynut@...>

Here's what I can tell you. I have and use WAGO; #222-412 is a 2x AWG 28-12 Cu. Also, have some 3x. The 2x are in use now for almost a year. Perfect. You can put wires in, take them out, reinsert them. No problem. As I remember, they have more than 2x & 3x. In fact, on their web site, I saw 13,262. So, I can recommend them for quality. Now. I saw something I hadn't seen before. The web page's first shown are AWG 18-4. Those are probably more for household. For my model railroading, the 28-12 is way more than adequate. They do hold AWG 20 very well, that''s what I use for feeders. So, using them to connect to AWG 14 ought to be easy too. One final. They are a little pricey/to me. But worth it for wire connections that may have to be taken out and put in. Hope this helps. Final note: Far easier than screws, require only stripping and if stranded, some twisting. No solder necessary.  Morgan Bilbo, about one year with very basic DCC