Re: Programming Track on layout

mgj21932

Vincent, the programming track is physically separate, not connected to the layout. A dead end with end-of-track bumper and an unpowered extension (just for scenic effect) that runs into a tunnel to nowhere.

I may not fully understand the wiring options for the DPDT switch. I assume there are physical screw or other connectors on opposite “sides" of the switch. Left toggle closes circuit on wires hooked up on left side; right toggle closes circuit on wires connected to right side; center toggle both circuits dead.

From what I have read here, I assume cutting the circuit on one side of a bus pair is sufficient; and closing the circuit on either wire completes the circuit for that particular power bus (and only that bus — either the layout bus or the programming track bus).