Re: turnout machines

mgj21932

Ted Tyson,

Tam Valley (tamvalleydepots.com) also has a line of switch machines, servos, controllers, etc. you might consider.  What I find particularly attractive are (1) they have a fully compatible set of wires that facilitate connecting all the elements together; and (2) they have fascia buttons pre-wired with colored LEDs to indicate switch direction.  Easily mounted on a schematic of you layout.

Duncan McRee can be very helpful.  dmcree@...

Just another option.

Bill D

On Friday, March 27, 2020, 07:23:00 PM EDT, ted tyson <ttyson55@...> wrote:

can you tell me who makes (or where i can get) those machines...and thank you!
Ted

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 11:34 AM wirefordcc <bigboy@...> wrote:
Hi Ted,

Yes, you can still use your Atlas snap switch machines.  Normally, these were powered off the Accessory output of a power pack which was AC.

If you wanted to, there are some DCC turnout controllers that can drive Atlas snap switch machines.  These provide a pulse.  If you want to do this, make sure you pick one that is designed for twin-coil switch machines like the Atlas snap switch machines.

Allan Gartner
Wiring For DCC