Re: Twisting Wires

Charles Brumbelow

Your industrial cables may already be twisted. CAT 5 Ethernet cable uses twisted pairs inside the plastic jacket, for example.

Charles

On Monday, March 23, 2020, 1:32 PM, Carl <carl.blum@...> wrote:

Hi Gang:

Here is a question about twisting the bus wires. Would it work to twist the wires after they are installed? Like a tourniquet, put a stick at the mid point and start twisting. Like this:

Sure one side would be clockwise and the other counter clock wise. I think the telephone company did flip their wires every ten poles or so.

I didn't twist anything and the layout runs OK. But if I had problems this might help. ( For me it would be hard, I used 10 conductor industrial cables )

I did add a snubber to Ruth Mountain, the longest wire run.

Thanks, Carl.