Re: Non-terminal snubbers

wirefordcc

Bill,

I figure you are trying to tell me something by your use of E/W and N/S busses.  I think if sub buses running in the same direction as your main bus, but being attached to one another with the intention of breaking up the main bus into sections to create blocks for block detection or electronic circuit breaker districts.

You don't want to twist your sub buses after block detectors because the twisting could cause false occupation indications.  You don't want to put snubbers after block detectors for the same reason.  Note:  Someone contributed to my website that twisting could come after a block detector if a capacitor is used.  I haven't tried that myself yet to see if it always works or not.  Let me know if you try it and it works for you.

Just in case anyone is wondering about Frog Juicers, don't put them after block detectors, either.  See the section on block detection in my website for more information.  BTW, I like Frog Juicers.  I have many of them.

http://www.wiringfordcc.com/blockdet.htm

FYI to all:  I have moved and am building a new railroad in which I will be installing block detection and at some point, signaling.  I'm going as fast as I can, but I have a long way to go.  Also, with the stock market crashing, I'm not spending money as freely on the railroad as I had been doing before.  Block detection may only be installed on a limited section of the railroad as a test section.

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC