Re: Non-terminal snubbers

mgj21932

Allen,

Is there a reason for not twisting the sub-bus wires?

I am planning a similar wiring pattern with a "N/S" main bus (twisted wires) and several "E/W" sub busses off the main bus.  I had planned to twist the sub-bus wires as well (until now).

Given relatively short length of all buses, I was not planning on any snubbers.  Do you recommend omitting snubbers if all runs are less than 15 feet?

Bill D

On Monday, March 16, 2020, 10:29:14 AM EDT, wirefordcc <bigboy@...> wrote:

Hi Daniel,

You can put a snubber at the end of your undetected track.  You can't put a snubber after a block detector as it will likely give a false occupied signal all the time.

As I build my new railroad, I am planning to run a booster district about 23 feet in each direction from the booster. I will twist these wires and put snubbers at each end.  Along the way, I will have short sub buses that will have block detectors.  These sub buses will not be twisted or have snubbers.

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC