Re: Electrical Code for Train Layouts

PennsyNut <pennsynut@...>

If I may? That's why I love those WAGO lever nuts. They are rated for AWG 28 to 12. So they hold and connect two or more wires and leave nothing exposed. What I did was strip the wires so that the insulation goes right up to the WAGO. And the reason I tried these in the first place was that I had two 22 AWG wires twisted together with "wire nuts". Again, carefully trimmed so no exposed wire. But they don't hold if you accidentally tug the wires. WAGO's do hold. I am not affiliated with them. Just a happy customer. They are a little pricey, but IMHO it's a good example of "you get what you pay for".  Morgan Bilbo, about one year with very basic DCC