Re: Electrical Code for Train Layouts

wirefordcc

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 08:42 AM, Tim wrote:

I will need 120V receptacles on a couple of peninsulas on my layout. That will all be in EMT and metal boxes.

Tim Rumph
Lancaster, SC
Everyone has been giving prudent advice.  Let me just add a couple of things.

Route your 120/220 VAC wiring away from your bench top so that you don't accidentally drill through it some day.

No exposed wiring or terminals like on transformers or fuse holders!  Even the low voltage output terminals on transformers should not be exposed; especially if the transformer is not fused.  Otherwise, if something metallic should short the output terminals of the transformer, a fire could result.

Allan Gartner
Wiring For DCC