Re: Differentiating bus wires?

Vincent Ficca

Hi Dave:

I use different color wire for different application on the RR.  Example:  for mainline, common rail would be white, while different tracks on the mainline rail would be Black for #1, Red for #2, Yellow for #3 and Brown for #4.  Minimize error when I solder the drops to the bus wires. That's my 2 cents worth.

Vince

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 2:19 PM Dave Emery via Groups.Io <deemery=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have some nice heavy (14 gauge) wire that I’m using for bus wires.  The current plan is that the HO standard gauge will be DCC, while the HOn30 narrow gauge will, at least for now, be DC only.  Does anyone have any good/clever ideas how to mark the DC-only wires?  My layout is not so big that I’m likely to confuse them, -but- I don’t want to have a temporary Senior Moment when trying to work out a wiring problem down the line.

Thanks in advance!

        dave