Re: Peco Unifrog

Arthur Hammeke

Did you try Ebay?

From: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io> on behalf of Rick Beatty <rb10de@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 29, 2020 9:08 AM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Peco Unifrog

Since posting my question I found a timeline at the DCCWiki site.  Rollout continues to be slow.

When I built my railroad over 20 years ago I primarily used Peco HO code 100 electrofrog turnouts, making them DCC friendly and powering the frogs.  I am now going to finish some areas that were passed over including laying the track for the steel mill.  I have to make a decision on what to use.

This area won't be as accessible for wiring as the mainline and I was thinking of using insulfrog or unifrog turnouts.  If I decide on the unifrog I need to wait until they are available and if I decide on the insulfrog (or electrofrog) I need to get them while they are still available.  I do have a mining area where I installed some Atlas customline turnouts and I intend to run the switchers there to see how they behave since I have no Peco insulfrog turnouts to experiment with.

Can anyone give me feedback on the operating differences of the Atlas and Peco DCC ready turnouts?