Re: Auto Reverser Problem

John Cahill

Thanks Bill, I’m taking it up with the Permanent Way Department to see it anything can be done!

Best Regards,
John

On 31 Jan 2020, at 13:04, John Cahill via Groups.Io <johncahill25@...> wrote:

Darn! I had hoped that I was missing some possibilities but I guess it is what it is. Thanks anyway!

Best Regards,
John

On 31 Jan 2020, at 02:25, mgj21932 via Groups.Io <mgj21932@...> wrote:

John,
I think the consensus from the prior discussion has been that DCC ARs can do wonderful things BUT they are not without limitations.  And one of those is that to function properly the AR segment must be longer than your longest train.  The efficacy of patch-work fixes really are questionable, if not risky.  Option may be to use shorter trains in this section of the layout.  Or avoid the Wye in this area.
Bill D