Re: Converting to DCC

Mark Cartwright <marcdecapri@...>

Pete ...

Americans can be relied upon to do the right thing...
After they have tried everything else. - Winston Churchill

If you truly do not want to do the upgrade path....and prefer 5 amps and a wireless or two extra controller.....
But why stop at five when you can begin with 6 amps.
https://tonystrains.com/news/esu-ecos-command-station/
So....
Might I suggest an ESU ECoS once again...and you may find you don't need no stinkin JMRI.
Which can become like a whole other separate hobby !
I monitor  - but have never posted on the JMRI forum.
However...I purchased a TEAK combination Liquor Cabinet and Desk to eventually create a Computer/DCC programming station...
but before that came to be...
I bought my first ECoS.
========
Duh Me ...? and MORE
If you search back on our many forums to 2012...you may find me Forrest Gumping my way through DCC, DCC with Sound and Railroad modeling in general.
I started off with MRC and found myself nearly hoarding other systems and the layouts they rode in on from all over Northern California.
A funny thing happens to people on their way to being Homeless...they begin to sell off their stuff.
One guy though got smart...sold me some of his stuff...500 locomotives to another guy ...
THEN GAVE me all of his materials such as plastruck and such which filled up my BMW X5 FOUR Times.
Sold his House got on a plane and moved back to Oklahoma.
===> I am considering following him.
But I digress....
I own some DCC equipped locomotives which work > differently < or not at all on some DCC Controllers.
Works fine on a Prodigy but but not at all on a Digitrax Chief or the decoder tries to reset itself, far too often... with a myriad of other issues.
Even between the Chief and Zephyr which have slight programming differences and read backs.
I eventually offered my locomotives with DCC .... a deal which they should not have refused.
Get along with my ECoS...or you will find yourself on eBay.
Poor Paragons...some of which are old ESU Decoders.
Once I began that thinking...I cut way down on the Drama to my Hobby.
=====
So what is my plan with Two ECoS Controllers and a walk around or three ???
but there is more.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv1K_-bjdXY
With the ECoS....I can use OTHER devices such as Cell Phones and such with Android Devices; which includes such things as wireless extenders.
Here is another view....and reality back to the ECoS,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TN_R-GonlE
and ...if you don't necessarily like the newest wireless remote....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psq_klf0kBo
Yes, you can connect and operate the old discontinued ESU Naviagotor or Bachmann Dynamis.
=====
You may have mentioned a Switching Yard.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0iJlm-h8FA
Oh Yeah....
and if you gots to ...use your new 4k Scree to see the controls of your ECoS....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1--SAhuitRY
and just in case you want to run Cameras on your Trains....
There is the Roko Z21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5aqLtYx1KU
and perhaps broadcast it all on the internet.
====
If the ECoS had existed in 1981....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDDjckT6MI
LOL
:)) Mark

It's thrilling to meet you Gloria.....
When one has obtained the Status of Elder and too many of your friends have already died or are soon to be dead or Homeless.
One begins to face life with a certain Distillation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RunNMtpb5Bk
See 6:14
I am very pleased....