Re: using low voltage on DC fans

Greg Smith

Ken
Thank you for the information.  I have a couple of 12VDC fans – think I paid $2.00 for them – so as you say they are not expensive.  They do run on 3.3 and 5 VDC.  Mainly I was curious as to their likely longevity and also to find a use for the 3.3 VDC outputs.   One sure way to find out is to run them and see if they last.  If they do not I will replace with 5VDC fans.
I am new to this and many basic (dumb) questions are forth coming.

Greg Smith
ps – I have checked the voltage output on the ATX power supply and all three voltages are very close to rating.