Re: PSX-AR Installation Query

mgj21932

Nice idea.

On Jan 20, 2020, at 8:03 PM, Chuck <railfan@...> wrote:

To avoid the metal wheel problem, simply glue a piece of styrene into
the gap and when dry sand or file to match the rail. The wheels will no
longer contact both rails at the same time.

Chuck

On 2020-01-20 3:03 p.m., mgj21932 via Groups.Io wrote:
Pete. Your metal wheels explanation makes absolute sense. Thanks
Bill

On Jan 20, 2020, at 2:58 PM, Pete via Groups.Io
<Kayakerpc=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

As it was explained to me...
If you are running metal wheels, every pair of wheels that crosses
the polarity gap will cause the Auto Reverser to switch the polarity
if there is a difference, so if your loco hits a second gap before the
whole train is through that section, the loco will switch the polarity
again and then the wheels of the cars behind that cross the first gap
will switch the polarity again before the whole train is through
Your AR will be flipping back and forth as each set of wheels hit the
two gaps.
I hope I interpreted this correctly as I am new to DCC wiring too, but
I'm following the advice that was given to me as it makes sense.
Pete