Powering turntable and lights

monty cunningham

I am thinking about using a decoder I pirated out of a Bachmann 2-8-0 to power turntable and to power roundhouse and yard lights.
Thinking I can use the orange and gray wires to power the turntable motor and use the yellow/blue and white/blue to power the yard and roundhouse lights.  Wire the red and black wires directly to the track bus.  Use some nominal address like 999 ?
I have several Evan Designs LEDs that I can use.  Was wondering about wiring them.  Can I use more than one of them on each circuit?  If I can should they be wired in series or parallel?
Good idea or Bad idea?
Thanks
Monty